NATIONAL COALITION FOR LGBTQ HEALTH
The Coalition is committed to improving the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals through federal and local advocacy, education, and research. The Coalition strives to address the entire LGBTQ+ community, including individuals of every sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, and age regardless of disability, income, education, and geography. The Coalition is an initiative of HealthHIV, a national nonprofit focused on health equity.
VISION AND VALUES
The Coalition’s vision:
- Change public and private sector policies, laws, and regulations regarding LGBTQ+ health and related issues;
- Increase resources to expand culturally competent health and social services delivery to a diverse and inclusive LGBTQ+ population; and
- Build and disseminate knowledge regarding LGBTQ+ population’s health status, access to and utilization of health care and other health-related information.
The Coalition values:
- Eliminating health disparities that occur based on sexual orientation, gender identity and presentation, gender, race/ethnicity, education or income, disability, nationality, geographic location and age; and
- Deriving its power and legitimacy from its membership and is committed to working on partnerships and in consultation with its members in carrying out its work.
|Scott Bertani||Director of Advocacy||202.232.6749||
|Erin Starzyk||Director of Health Services Research & Evaluation||202.232.6749||
|Brian Hujdich||Executive Director||202.507.4725||
|Circe Gray Le Compte||Director of Communications and Content Strategy||202.507.4730||